Today, the world is changing in a big way. What was once just an idea from a science fiction novel has become reality – solar energy is now powering many homes and businesses around the globe. And with more people realising how easy it can be to get started on this journey, we’re seeing an increase in demand for commercial solar panels and systems that can help businesses save on energy costs.
As the capital city of Western Australia, Perth is no stranger to sunshine. In fact, it’s one of the sunniest cities in the world! This makes it the perfect place to take advantage of solar power, and we’re seeing more and more businesses in Perth doing just that.
What to consider when choosing a solar system
When it comes to choosing a commercial solar system, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind. The first is the size of your business. Not every system is going to be suitable for every business – you’ll need to find one that can handle the amount of energy your company consumes.
You’ll also need to think about the location of your business. If you’re in an area that doesn’t get a lot of sun, then you may not be able to take full advantage of solar power. But if you’re in a sunny spot, then you could see some great results!
Finally, you’ll need to consider the cost of installation. Solar systems can be a big time investment, so you’ll need to make sure that you’re getting the best possible deal.
How solar systems work
Solar panels work by converting sunlight into electrical energy. The process of converting sunlight into energy is actually quite simple. Solar panels contain a number of photovoltaic cells, which are made up of silicon. When sunlight hits these cells, it causes a chemical reaction that creates an electric current. This current is then sent to an inverter, which converts it into usable AC power.
This energy is then used to power your business – and because you’re using solar power, you’re not relying on the grid for your energy needs. This can save you a lot of money in the long run, as you won’t be paying for electricity from the grid.
Not only that, but solar power is also good for the environment. Solar panels produce no emissions, which means they’re completely green. This is a great way to show your customers that you’re committed to being eco-friendly – and it could even help you attract new business!
The benefits of installing a solar system
There are a number of benefits to installing a solar system at your business. Some of the key benefits include:
– Reduced energy costs: As mentioned above, solar systems allow businesses to generate their own energy, which means they’re not reliant on the grid for their power needs. This can save you a lot of money in the long run, as you won’t be paying for electricity from the grid.
– Improved efficiency: Solar panels are known for their efficiency. This means that they can produce more energy per square metre than other types of renewable energy, such as wind turbines. This makes them ideal for businesses that are looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
– Easy to install: Solar panels are relatively easy to install, especially when you compare them to other renewable energy systems. This means that you won’t need to take too much time out of your busy schedule to get the system up and running.
– Eco-friendly: As mentioned above, solar panels produce no emissions, which makes them a great way to show your customers that you’re committed to being eco-friendly.
Things to keep in mind when choosing a solar installer
When it comes to installing a solar system, you’ll need to find a reputable installer to do the job. Not all installers are created equal, so you’ll need to make sure you’re choosing a company that has a good track record.
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a solar installer:
– Experience: Make sure you choose a company that has experience in installing solar systems. This will ensure that they know what they’re doing and can get the job done quickly and efficiently.
– Certification: Choose an installer that is certified by the Clean Energy Council. This will give you peace of mind knowing that they are qualified to install solar systems.
– Reputation: Ask around and see what other people have to say about the installer. Make sure you choose a company that has a good reputation in the industry.
– Warranty: Choose an installer that offers a warranty on their work. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected.