With energy and fuel prices being on the rise over the past few years, many people seek alternative methods of powering their homes and businesses. Initially, big companies were the only ones making the shift to solar panels. However, there has been a shift of dynamics where small businesses are taking solar and wind power, like fish, to water.
But solar panels are more favored because they require low levels of maintenance in comparison to wind turbines. Besides, they operate quietly, creating a conducive environment for office activities. For these reasons, solar panels are the best option for commercial buildings.
Commercial Use of Solar Panels
Solar panels are an alternative form of renewable energy. The commercial use of solar panels is unlimited, and they can be used to:
- Lighting commercial buildings, especially during the night
- Warming commercial buildings- Solar panels can power HVAC systems and keep commercial buildings warm during winter.
- Powering office equipment such as computers and printers
- Powering factory machinery
What You Need to Know When Buying Solar Panels for Your Commercial Building
There are many solar panel manufacturers in the world today. And all of them claim to be the best solar panel providers. They sell on the idea that their solar panels are superior to the other panels in the market. With all this information in the market, it can be hard to figure out which solar panel best suits your business.
To determine the best solar panel for your commercial building, you will have to look into several factors. Some of these factors include:
- Quality- The quality of the solar panel is essential. It ensures that the panel works as advertised, and it delivers without the need for constant repair or replacement. Get a quality product to ensure that it remains durable over long periods.
- Size- you should consider the size of your roof when purchasing a solar panel. Ensure that the size of the panel will fit the roof of your commercial building
- Cost- The cost of the solar panel matters too. It is always wise to look at the cost in comparison to other solar panels available and the quality of the solar panel in question. Before purchasing a solar panel, conduct some research to ensure you are getting your money’s worth when buying the panels.
- Efficiency- When selecting a solar panel, ensure that the efficiency, the rate of converting power input into output, is good. An effective solar panel does charge batteries faster because of its high energy output.
What are the benefits of solar panels on commercial buildings?
Solar panels present several benefits for commercial buildings. Some of the benefits of solar panels on commercial buildings are:
- Cutting Down Energy Costs
Business requires a lot of energy to operate, contributing to a large energy bill at the end of the month. Office appliances such as computers, printers, HVAC systems, and water heaters all require a lot of energy to run. Solar panels can help you cut down energy costs, saving you a substantial amount of money from your energy bill. You might find the installation costs of installing the panels to be high, but with time, you will realize a good return on your investment.
2. It is an Excellent Source of Renewable Energy
Solar panels are powered by the sun, which can’t be deleted. It is an eco-friendly source of energy that does not pollute the environment. Governments and organizations around the world have been advocating for the use of eco-friendly energy. There are incentives and tax breaks for businesses that invest in solar energy. Therefore, using a solar panel to help safeguard the environment and help your business reduces some tax costs.
3. They are Reliable and Have Low Maintenance Costs
Solar panels have zero maintenance requirements. The designing materials such as aluminum are of high quality, and the protective glass cover ensures that the panels are safe from environmental damage. If you get a quality solar panel, the chances of having to repair and maintain the panel are low. It will save you a lot of money. Furthermore, solar panels come with a warranty that ensures the replacement of faulty parts.
4. They Increase Property Value
Commercial buildings with solar panels have higher property values attached to them than those without them. If you want to sell the commercial property, it will sell faster and at a higher price. Solar panels present a great selling point for a realtor who specializes in commercial buildings. They can also be great selling points for business owners who want to sell their commercial buildings for whatever reason.
Solar panels are becoming more common, especially in the business scene, with major companies turning to green energy. Commercial buildings can benefit a lot from this revolution. The benefits of solar panels on commercial buildings are endless. Solar panels on commercial buildings help cut down energy costs, increase property value, among other benefits.
Are you a commercial building owner who is considering turning to solar energy for power? Solar Panels Perth by Northern Perth Electrical, your go-to solar provider. We have an excellent staff and 25 plus years of experience in the solar panel industry. Contact us now for solar panel supply and installation at an affordable cost.